How to install Resource Manager
Resource Manager is the administrative module for Print Director. Users that need to change settings in the software or add/edit users/accounts will need access to Resource Manager.
Locate the Print Director installation source
Often the installation source is saved to the server in a folder labelled Print Director in the root of a drive. In many cases it is shared as \\servername\PrintDirector. If the source cannot be located, please contact your service provider.
Execute the CD\SetupResourceManager.msi file
Once the installation source has been located, we can proceed to install Resource Manager.
- Copy the SetupResourceManager.msi file to the user’s workstation.
- Double click the SetupResourceManager.msi file and complete the wizard. Note, you may be requested to enter different user credentials when installing because administrative access rights are required.
- When Resource Manager is first opened, it will check for existing database connection settings. If another PD module is installed (e.g. PDAgent) then the connection settings will already exist, and it will open with no further actions being required.
- If the connection settings do not exist, the database connection settings window will be displayed. Fill in the Server Name textbox using this format: servername\instancename. If the SQL instance on the server is the default instance (i.e. MSSQLSERVER) then the backslash instancename is not required. For example, if the server host name is ACMEPS01 and the SQL was installed as the default instance, then only ACMEPS01 must be entered. If the SQL was installed with instance name PD, then the Server Name text box must contain ACMEPS01\PD.
- The database name is PDDB2. This should only be changed if your IT specifically created the Print Director database using a different name because of other IT requirements.
- The User Name and Password fields would normally be left with the default values. If your IT has changed either the username or password for the Print Director user, please update these fields accordingly.
- Click OK.
- If an error message is displayed, it means that either the SQL Server is unreachable, or the settings entered are incorrect.
Document revision date: 2018/10/29
Software version: 220.127.116.11