Blue Swift Technologies (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates http://www.blueswift.co.za (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
- Distributor : an agent who buys the software direct from the manufacturer and connects with the dealer
- Dealer : creates a link between the distributor, reseller and the end user
- Reseller : buys software from the distributor and sells to the end user
- Client : person or organisation buying and using the software (end user)
- Device : hardware which has the software installed on it (printer, pbx)
- Site : building or office where hardware is stored
Data is collected from printers related to their licensing, and the information is collated in a licensing program. By using our licensing software, you agree to the collection and use of this data in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
- Information collected when issuing a licence, such as Client name, Site Name, Date created, etc.
- Non-compulsory information provided.
- Occasionally, Blue Swift may obtain information about a Client from the dealer, reseller or distributor.
- We may also collect other electronic data derived from your use of our software, this data may include IP addresses, usage data, and data showing your registration, installation and use of Blue Swift Technologies’ software (Except for IP address and unique device identifiers, we generally collect this data on an aggregate and non-identifying basis).
- Blue Swift collects device information to help manage them; device information includes the IP Address, Model, Serial number, Function supported, Manufacturer.
- Non-personal information includes any information provided to us voluntarily via different channels such as social media, our website or any other open platform.
- Blue Swift does not share client information without the clients’ knowledge.
- Other information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. This might include the device and operating system you use. We collect this information to help us improve our services.
How we secure and manage your information
Blue Swift secures and manages collected information through a secured Licenser software program that we manage. The Licenser software is subject to an authentication (Username and password) requirement.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information.
How we use collected information
We will only retain collected information for the following reasons:
- Contact client for support or any other technical issue
- Help analyse and improve our software
- For normal business purposes (Meetings, Schedule an installation)
We may retain non-personally identifiable aggregate information beyond this time to help us improve and further develop our software. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
Clients may supply us with test data, database backup, or system logs to help us find any software bugs. This data may include personal information such as User name, PIN number, Employee name, etc.
We offer certain limited online support services at the Site. You may be asked for information such as client name, software version, and other information to help us determine what the technical issues are and how best to help you resolve them.
Information collected helps us provide clients with better support and to improve their user experience, but also to understand and improve our software, and assist you with any issues relating to our software.
Partner and Government Services
We may engage a Distributor, Reseller or Dealer to perform functions on our behalf, which may include assisting us in resolving technical problems and perform business duties. Collecting personal information and other information provided by you to third parties is not governed by this policy even though those Partners and government agencies may share such information with us.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by publishing an updated version on Blue Swift Technologies website or any other communication channel we trust. Each updated version will include the date the statement was last updated.
+27 21 447 5668