How to back up the Print Director database
- Open DBTools (Start > Programs > Print Director 2 > DBTools)
- The Connection Settings window will be displayed. If you know the ‘sa’ password, untick the Trusted Connection checkbox and enter the user name sa and the password. The advantage of using the ‘sa’ user is that it will definitely have sufficient rights to browse and write to the server’s hard drive. Otherwise, if you know that the currently logged in user has sufficient access rights to backup databases, leave the Trusted Connection checkbox ticked and click OK. Note that the default PDUser account will not be able to back up the database as it won’t have rights to browse and write to the server’s hard drive.
- Click Backup Database.
- If you would like to change the file name for the backup file, enter it in the Backup file name text box. Otherwise leave it unchanged.
- Click the browse button to the right of the Backup folder textbox.
- Choose a folder into which the backup file will be saved and click OK.
- Click the Backup button.
|Document revision date: 2018/10/29