How to open a deleted printouts report
A deleted printouts report shows the direct cost savings from using the Print Director software. Print jobs that would have been unnecessarily printed without the software are recorded when they are deleted. The reasons for a deleted job would be:
- Release Timeout – a job was waiting for secure release for longer than the timeout specified for the device.
- Cancelled at Workstation – a user cancelled the job via the workstation popup.
- Cancelled at Controller – a user cancelled the job at the printer panel.
- Rule Violation – the print job was deleted due to a rule violation.
- Insufficient Funds – the print job was deleted because of insufficient funds.
- Unregistered User – the print job was deleted because the user was not registered.
- Record Transaction Failed – the print job was deleted because the recording of the transaction failed.
To view a deleted printouts report:
- Open PDReports.
- Navigate to Reports > Analysis > Deleted printouts.
- On the right, in the Report Type frame, choose Summary (show group totals) or Detailed (show every printout).
- In the Time Period frame, choose the period for which you would like data. To choose your own dates, change the Period drop-down to Custom.
- In the Grouping frame, choose how you’d like to group the data from the Group by drop-down, e.g. by User.
- Tick the Include 2nd level group checkbox and choose, for example, Department in the Group by drop-down.
- Tick the Include 3rd level group checkbox and choose, for example, Deleted Reason in the Group by drop-down.
- As you choose the data you need from the Group by drop-downs in one or more of the frames on the right, so a Filter tab will appear at the top for each choice, e.g. Filter Users, Filter Departments and Filter Deleted Reasons.
- Click the tab, e.g. Filter Users tab.
- Tick the Filter Users checkbox.
- Enter some characters of the department’s name in the Search for text box. Once the user record is located, tick the item.
- Click Open Report.
How to export a report
- Once the report is open, click the button in the top left.
- Change the Save as type drop down to the format you would like (e.g. Microsoft Excel 97-2000).
- Browse to where you would like to save the file.
- Enter a name for the file in the File name text box.
- Click Save.
Document revision date: 2019/05/07