Disabling Print Director on Lexmark devices
Disable Secure Document Release in Resource Manager
- Open Resource Manager (Start > Programs > Print Director 2 > Resource Manager).
- Navigate to Device Management > Shared Devices.
- Double click the device on the right.
- Click the Controller tab.
- Click the Print Jobs tab.
- Ensure Enable Secure Document Release checkbox is unticked.
- Click OK.
- Click PDAgents.
- Right click the print server on the right and choose Refresh.
To stop PD from tracking the print queues for that device, simply delete the Shared Device from the list.
Remove the embedded application from the Lexmark printer via the web interface
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the device in the URL and press enter.
- Click Settings.
- Click Apps (or Embedded Solutions).
- Click the Disable or Uninstall button next to Print Director Lexmark Integration (or tick the Print Director Lexmark Integration and click Stop/Uninstall).
Remove the embedded application from the printer from within maintenance mode
If you don’t have access to the printer’s web interface, the application can be disabled by disabling all LES applications in maintenance mode.
- Power off the device from the main switch.
- Hold down the numbers 2 + 6 and then power the device on again. Keep holding 2 + 6 for at least 30 seconds after powering the device on.
- Once Maintenance Mode has loaded, scroll down to LES Applications and set it to Disabled.
- Press Submit and then Exit. The device will reboot.
- Once it is fully powered up, configure its network settings so the web interface can be accessed.
- Follow the instructions above to remove the Print Director Lexmark Integration application.
- Once complete, power the device off and then power it on again holding 2 + 6 for at least 30 seconds.
- In Maintenance Mode scroll to LES Applications.
- Set it to Enabled.
- Press Submit and then Exit.