How to specify variable pricing for Users
Note that variable pricing set on a user’s User Account will only affect transactions that are billed to their User Account. If the user is configured for popup account billing, and they bill a transaction to an account other than their User Account (e.g. a 3rd party account), only the variable pricing set on the billed account will affect the transaction amount. Similarly, if the user is configured to auto-bill to their Department Account, only the variable pricing set on the Department Account will have an effect.
Specify a different rate for a User
- Open Resource Manager.
- Navigate to User Management > Users.
- Double click the user on the right that needs to be charged at a different rate to the pricing set on the device.
- Click the User Account Variable Pricing tab.
- Click the tab for the transaction type for which you would like to specify the variable pricing (e.g. Print, Copy, etc).
- If you would like to change the actual pricing schedule for the User, choose the Use this pricing schedule option and choose the schedule from the drop-down.
- If you would like to add an amount to each transaction, tick the Add the following amount checkbox and enter a value.
- If you would like to multiply the transaction value by a particular amount, tick the Multiply by amount checkbox and enter the multiplier value. For example, to increase the charge by 20%, enter 1.2.
- If you are adding a value and multiplying by a value you will need to specify which happens first by changing the value in the Calculation order dropdown.
- Click OK.
Document revision date: 2018/10/12
Software version: 188.8.131.52